CARE AND WEARING OF FR GARMENTS
FR clothing can only provide protection if the wearer follows garment manufacturers' recommendations for proper use:
- Wear garments properly – collars closed, sleeves and cuffs down and secured, shirt tails tucked, closures secured, and other manufacturer recommendations.
- Wear looser-fitting garments that provide adequate mobility.
- Do not wear non-FR clothing over FR garments. The outermost layer must be FR
- Wear only FR or non-melting undergarments (e.g. cotton, silk, wool.)
- Wash garments thoroughly after each wearing to remove contaminants.
- Do not put on or take off the garment in proximity of flammable gasses, vapors, dusts or in other potentially explosive environments.
- In potentially explosive atmospheres, proper grounding procedures must be used.
- Wear garments with the appropriate arc rating as dictated by an electric arc hazard analysis. Consult employer if unsure.
Most flame-resistant garments can be handled safely using common laundering and care
procedures. However, a few precautions must be followed to ensure your FR garments
maintain their maximum effectiveness. Remember: FR clothing is safety equipment that just
might save your life. It is imperative to make sure your FR garments are properly cleaned and
- Carefully follow the manufacturer's care label when laundering FR garments. Many FR
fabrics require mild wash and dry conditions to maximize the life of the garment.
- Wash new flame-resistant garments prior to wearing.
- Wash flame-resistant garments separately from standard clothing.
- Do not use chlorine bleach.
- Make sure FR garments are clean and in proper repair before each wearing.
- Remove oils and flammable contaminants from FR garments. Flammable contaminants
can be a fuel source that adds to burn injury.
- Repair garments using "like materials." Use FR fabric, thread and components. Return
garments to the manufacturer for repair, or use an authorized FR repair facility.
Home laundering instructions for Dickies FR garments can be found on the label sewn inside.
Laundering instructions are specific to the type of fabric from which the garment is made.
Manufacturers of flame-resistant fabrics provide detailed care instructions for both home
and industrial laundering. For industrial laundering instructions or more detailed handling
instructions, please call Dickies customer service at 1-800-342-5437.
Flame Resistant Fabric
NO CHLORINE BLEACH OR HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
EITHER SEPARATELY OR IN DETERGENTS.
DETERGENT ONLY. DRY CLEANABLE
WASH UP TO 165°F (74°C)