Dickies® Awarded Federal Supply Schedule Contract 84 for Law Enforcement and Security
American Heritage Workwear Brand Extends Product Offerings to Support Federal Government Needs
FORT WORTH, TEXAS (March 3, 2016) – Dickies, the world’s leading performance workwear brand, is now available on Federal Supply Schedule 84 – Total Solutions for Law Enforcement, Security, Facilities Management, Fire, Rescue, Clothing, Marine Craft Emergency/Disaster Response. Federal customers can now order these products through GSA Advantage.
The General Services Administration contract’s (GS-07F-041DA) purpose is to provide centralized procurement of 91 workwear and uniform pieces from Dickies to be available as a preferred vendor to federal, state and local agencies for purchase at a discounted rate. While Dickies has been outfitting government officials since WWII, when the company was commissioned to produce khaki uniform pants for the U.S. Armed Forces, this newfound agreement is a true honor and recognizes Dickies as fully authorized to conduct business directly with Federal government agencies.
“Dickies has long history of supporting U.S. government workers including completely suspending commercial operations during WWII to manufacture military uniforms,” says Alex Smith, senior vice president of Dickies Occupational Wear. “This contract serves as a testament to the performance, durability and reliability of Dickies workwear and further exemplifies our commitment to supporting the hard workers of the U.S. Federal Law Enforcement and Security agencies.”
A selection of the Dickies garments available include:
- Men’s Lightweight Rip Stop Tactical Pant: Featuring a relaxed fit, straight leg, roomy bellowed cargo pockets with built-in mag pouch, l-shaped front pocket for a knife, double knee with vent for knee pads, triple waistband gripper and double seat for added durability.
- Women’s Comfort Waist EMT Pant: Features include fade and wrinkle resistant fabric, stain release, triple-grip waistband, double hook & eye closure, reinforced double knee, full-size functional cargo pockets and tool pocket with heavy duty snap loops.
- Premium Industrial Cargo Pant: Features include stay dark technology, enhanced durability, permanent press post-cured finish, crotch gusset, extra pockets on outside left cargo pocket and inside right cargo pocket and stronger belt loops.
- Deluxe Blended Coverall: Features durable poly/cotton, zippered chest and back pocket, easy care stain release, tool pockets and hammer loops, elastic waist inserts, concealed snaps at the waist, neck and faced cuffs and two-way front zipper.
- Hi-Vis Short Sleeve Work Shirt: Features 3M™ Scotchlite™ reflective material - 9920 Silver industrial wash fabric, stain release, moisture control, two button-thru chest pockets, left pocket pencil division, soft hand for comfort and a generous fit.
For more product information or to order Dickies through GSA, please contact us directly or visit www.GSAAdvantage.gov. For more information on Dickies Occupational Wear, visit www.DickiesDelivered.com or check us out on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/Dickies.
About Dickies Occupational Wear A division of Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co., Dickies Occupational Wear provides authentic workwear to the industrial laundry, uniform dealer and ASI distributor industries. Servicing North America, Dickies Occupational Wear specializes in head-to-toe uniform solutions for five key segments: Hospitality, Food Service, Manufacturing and Law Enforcement/Government.
About Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co. Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co. is the world’s leading provider of authentic work apparel, specializing in innovative performance workwear since 1922. The company offers premium quality products at an unmatched value across a vast assortment of apparel, footwear and licensed goods in more than 100 countries. Williamson-Dickie operates through wholly-owned affiliates in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, China, Japan and the Middle East ; exclusive licensees and distributors in South America, Africa and the Asia Pacific region; and under the Dickies®, Workrite®, Kodiak®, Terra®, Walls®, Big Smith®, 10X®, Liberty® and Duxbak® brands. For more information, visit www.williamsondickie.com.